What is MyID?
MyID is a safety ID bracelet that replaces the need to carry a wallet card or other forms of medical/emergency identification.
MyID stores your name, emergency contacts, vital medical conditions, allergies, blood type, physicians, insurance information, and much more—all on secure, cloud-based servers.
How do first responders access the information?
It’s simple, First Responders are trained to look for ID Bracelets identified with the star of life. In three different ways, first responders can access your information in 5 seconds or less.
- Scan the QR Code
- Call and speak with a Live Operator
- Visit getmyid.com (found on the product) and enter the ID & PIN right from the homepage
Why do I Need a MyID?
As you know, a lot can change in a mere matter of seconds. We know first hand that emergencies can occur anywhere. Having your medical information on you and current isn’t only a good idea, it’s absolutely necessary and when your life is on the line and every second counts.
Who Should Wear a MyID?
- People with Medical Needs & Allergies
- Misdiagnosis and adverse drug reactions (ADR), are especially prevalent in emergency settings. There are over 2.2 million incidences of ADR per year in the U.S. making it the 4th leading cause of death.
- People living active lifestyles
- Every year over 450,000 people are taken to a hospital unconscious and without ID. You never know when this could be you while out running, biking, hiking, climbing, etc.
- Every day, 39,000 children are injured seriously enough to require medical attention. Kids rarely have ID on them while out riding a bike ride or walking to school.
More than 95 percent of first responders look for a medical ID during emergencies.
More than 75 percent look for a medical ID immediately upon assessing a patient.
The star of life indicates that the jewelry is an ID.
How Do I Set up a MyID Profile?
- Download our free app in the app store or go to GetMyID.com
- Tap or click Sign Up
- Enter your necessary medical information
- When prompted, use the ID and PIN found on your band to link it to your profile.
How do I size MyID? (if applicable)
- Follow the instructions on this video to ensure your band comfortably fits you. http://vimeo.com/63114021
- A sizing chart is also available for the Sport and other pre-sized versions.
- Easy to Update: Unlike traditional ID Bracelets where your information is permanently engraved, you no longer have to purchase a new bracelet whenever your health, phone number, prescriptions or medications change. Simply log into your profile and update your information in seconds.
- Secure: Security is Key. That’s why we use NSA free, Secure Hash Algorithms to make sure your data is safe and sound.
- Link Multiple Bracelets: You can link as many MyID bracelets as you’d like to your online health profile. That way, your information can always be while you, while never compromising your style.
- Comprehensive Online Emergency Profile that stores your always up-to-date emergency contact, medications, allergies, conditions, physicians, insurance, and personal information.
- Your profile is flexible and secure.
- Security is Key — Your profile is safe using a 256-bit data encryption.
- Account Lock — Ability to quickly unlink your lost or stolen band, protecting your information at a moments notice.
- No Required Fields — You store only the information that you are comfortable sharing with others.
- Your MyID Profile is free for life! With powerful "Plus" features available for just $1.99 a month.
- MyID Emergency Profiles are optimized for immediate smartphone or 24/7 call center access.
- Perfect for those with medical needs, allergies, active lifestyles, aging parents, and young children.
MyID App: The App that turns your iPhone into a life-saving tool. The app can display a custom QR code overlay on any photo of your choice as the wallpaper on your iPhone’s lock screen. In an emergency situation, the QR code can be scanned by first responders that can view the encoded data with or without an internet connection. Sync your MyID bracelet to your MyID app to ensure your information is always with you.
Your MyID profile is FREE for life! We also provide optional "PLUS" features that are available for just $1.99 a month. We’ve kept the cost as low as possible while still covering the costs of operating the 24/7 emergency call center and keeping your data secure online.
MyID Map Policy
- MSRP $34.95
- In-Store MAP $28.95
- Online MAP $34.95
- MSRP $24.95
- In-Store MAP $19.95
- Online MAP $24.95
- MSRP $29.95
- In-Store MAP $23.95
- Online MAP $29.95
QR Code Readers
- All QR code readers will be able to read the MyID bracelets, but just like everything, some work better than others. All iPhone models, running iOS 11 or newer. Many Android smartphones come pre-equipped to scan QR codes using the native camera app, but if not, there are countless free scanners in the app store.
What does a MyID profile contain?
- Vital Medical Conditions
- Personal Information (Name, Phone, Birth Date, Gender, Hair Color, Eye Color, Height, Weight, Blood Type, Organ Donor)
- Emergency Contacts
- Insurance Information
- Medical Imaging
- Family History
- Management of multiple MyID products under one account
What are the Plus features offered? $1.99/month or 19.99/year
- Document Storage - Upload and store important documents such as insurance information, living wills, x-rays, and any other medical records you'd like to attach to your profile.
- Profile Sharing - Conveniently and securely share your profile with anyone. You can set when the shared link expires and can even require a password. You can also remove access at any given time.
- Emergency Contacts Quick Alert - At the tap of a button, First Responders can instantly notify your loved ones in an emergency and can also include a custom message providing details on the situation. Time Saves Lives.
- Pill Reminder- Stay on top of your health by using Pill Reminders to make sure you're taking your medication on time.
16 Questions—Must get 100% to pass. But no worries, you can take it as many times as you need.